Q: How do I backup my BigCommerce store?
Backups are a great way to secure your BigCommerce store. It’s like having an insurance policy on your digital property.
To start backing up your store, follow these 3 easy steps:
- Head over to rewind.io/backup/bigcommerce/ or install Rewind from the Bigcommerce App Store
- Select a plan and approve payment information to activate Rewind
- Your first backup will begin and be saved to your Rewind Vault
Backing up data
There are three ways Rewind works to ensure your Shopify store is always backed up:
- We run an automatic backup every night at 12am local time of new changes.
- We run real-time, automatic backups while you work on your company file.
- We offer you the ability to launch a manual backup whenever you need it.
Rewind is a set it and forget it system. We will send you a weekly summary email of how your backups have been updated.
Congratulations 🎉 You’ve taken a massive step towards securing your data and having peace of mind about your store being protected from small mistakes or big disasters.
If you’re reading this and thinking “HOLD UP! I thought that BigCommerce was able to back up and recover all my store data”. Unfortunately, you might have the wrong impression about what BigCommerce backups up.
Related article: Why Website Backups Can Save Your Busines
To understand what BigCommerce backs up, start here. If you are wondering why you would need a backup and how you can have complete control and security of the data that drives your business, start here.